Through innovative curricula, Dancing Through Barriers® facilitate varied standards-based, student-centered experiences for grades K-12 with a goal of developing visionaries, leaders and citizen artists who are equipped to make important contributions to our society.
1) TECHNIQUE - This residency allows students to experience the value of using the mind and body to manifest an ideal over time by using the rudiments of ballet technique as a tool to access physical and mental mastery. (Grades 3 - 12)
2) DANCE MAKING - This residency empowers students to think and communicate creatively in different contexts, frameworks, and perspectives by using dance as a platform for original movement invention and individual self-expression. (Grades K - 12)
3) POSITIVE COMMUNITY - This residency enables students and parents to gain new insights about positive relationships and community through kinesthetic exploration. Participants will use dance to illustrate plant and animal environments as metaphors for community relationships. (Grades K - 12)
4) DIASPORA - This residency helps students to understand the impact of past events as a platform to create social change that benefits others by examining the cultural and historical past through dance. (Grades 4 - 12)
5) STEM - This residency helps students to understand and thrive in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math studies by using the creative and aesthetic values of the Arts in to gain new insights and confidence. (Grades 4 – 12)
CALL US NOW TO BRING OUR PROGRAMS TO YOUR SCHOOL!
For more information, or to bring a DTB program to your schools, contact:
Roberto Villanueva, Education and Outreach Administrator, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All DTB programs are developed and presented in alignment with the NYC DOE’s “Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts” and Common Core standards, as well as 21st Century Skills.
NYC DOE Contract #QR8910Q / Vendor #DAN023000